I know I am way behind and I should update you with the beginning of the year 1st. But that takes pictures and pictures take more time and I am ready for bed, so just indulge me. I couldn't miss the opportunity to share with you the conversation I had with William, my darling 5 year old.
While waiting for the sacrament to be passed to us, William was sitting on my lap and I was asking him questions about why we take the sacrament. This is our conversation.
Mom: Why do we take the sacrament?
William: I don't know.
Mom: Who do we think about when we take the sacrament.
William: Jesus
Mom: What about Jesus do we think of when we eat the bread?
William: His body.
Mom: Why do we think of his body?
William: I don't know.
Mom: What did Jesus do for us that we need to always remember?
William: That He sent us to earth.
Mom: Yes, but what did He do for us that we would need to remember His body?
William: I don't know.
Trying to get William to say "He died for us," I decided to ask the question that I knew would produce such an answer.
Mom: Why do we have Easter?
William: Because Jesus died for us and then he was RECYCLED.
I laughed so hard we never were able to finish our talk, and I eventually had to excuse myself from the chapel so I could wipe the tears and regroup myself. I love my boy!!!!!
Update!!!
13 years ago
That is super cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is the absolute best!!
ReplyDeleteHilarious!
ReplyDeleteK, that was a great laugh.
I LOVE kids!
Pam
Hey it's Jared and Sami! We heard about Alyssa and Jake, we are so happy for them! Your family is so cute, hopefully we can come visit soon.
ReplyDeletePriceless!! It's great you are recording that for posterity!
ReplyDeleteOh, CeCe your family is so beautiful! I miss you guys so much, I think about you guys all the time. Your boys are so darn cute!
ReplyDelete